Opening and Connecting to the AnyConnect VPN Client
The VPN application is called Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. It can be accessed different ways.
- First, it can be accessed by opening the Start Menu by clicking on the Windows Icon in the toolbar, going to the Cisco folder and selecting “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client”.
- Also, you can type AnyConnect into the search bar next to the Windows icon.
- And finally, you can look in the find the program in the “Show hidden icons” menu. You can access this by clicking on the carrot icon, “^”, next to the time and date.
The AnyConnect program is the symbol as shown below.
***Knowing this location is important for future reference in this tutorial.***
- Clicking on any of these locations will bring up the VPN client dialog box.
- If “Dunlap and Kyle VPN” is not showing up as seen above, click on the down arrow and select it from the list. Choose it and Connect.
- A new window will open asking for your domain password. This is the same password you use to log into your work computer. Verify that the user name is correct. If the user name is not listed as it is below, enter your username. In this example, the user is “ac.test”. Enter your password and click Login.
- Upon success, you will see a dialog box that confirms successful authentication. Click Accept.
- You are now connected to Dunlap and Kyle VPN.
Disconnecting from the VPN
- To disconnect from the VPN, you will need to go back into the “Show hidden icons” menu, click on the carrot icon, “^”, next to the time and date, and click on the AnyConnect icon as seen below.
- The AnyConnect Client application will open. You can select Disconnect.
It will take a moment for the connection to completely disconnect.